Sunday 1 March 2015

Fun Town

Today was very silly day as I hired the taxi to take me to the suburbs of Delhi with a park in the west, north and eastern parts of the city. We were going to be covering a lot of ground and would likely exceed both the number of hours and the distance limits (there's an additional fee on top of the usual rate for that).

The first park was the Westerly one, Fun Town. A park found by Talhat that no-one had ridden the coaster at.

The day got off to a bit of an odd start when the taxi driver headed in the wrong direction for 30 minutes and when I challenged where he should be going he nodded, which just annoyed me. It turns out that he went to get a spare tyre but couldn't explain that to me. Needless to say I would be not paying for that 

I'm hoping it's just water in the water park. I got confused looks from the man selling the wristbands for the park and it took a little translation with the driver to explain that the park was open but nothing was running until later in the day. What was the point in that? Not wanting to spend longer than I had to here I thought I'd try to blag the coaster once I was in so paid up.




Some unique theming but the rides were mostly catalogue models that are abundant elsewhere.


There were exceptions. I have no idea what thing was on the left. Some sort of home made carousel?


Clearly this was a park aimed at the little kids, not the grown ups.


This was the coaster which looked pretty cool but it was obvious why no-one had ridden it. I don't believe any adult could fit in the car and have the lift hill carry you to the top. A little checking of rcdb.com showed that people had visited this park and spent their time walking around the coaster too.

There is no way I am fitting in that!

So quickly realising this park was going to be a bit of damp squib I did a quick walk around taking photos.


and then I left. Some you win, some you lose!

Fun Town Amusement Park can be found on the Delhi Rohtak Corridor on the way to Sampla. It is signposted from the main road.

No comments:

Post a Comment