Tuesday 3 March 2015

Conclusion

So how was the trip? In one word, "Great". 

India is a crazy country but I had no bad experiences there. I didn't get any Delhi-belly although I did get close following consumption of too much Tikka Paneer. At no time did I feel unsafe, and the beggars at junctions would quickly move on if you didn't acknowledge them. I can sense by the way they'd always focus on my car that tourists are an easy mark most of the time.

Overall the people were fine, but coming from the country that does queueing the best, seeing Indians skip queues was annoying and having them get belligerent when confronted was a little disappointing.

Whilst this trip was a quick whistle-stop coaster trip of the country I did get a good feeling of what the country is like. A lot of my jaunts would take me well away from the cities out into the rural areas. I'm well aware that I didn't see everything, especially in Kolkata but as I could see myself coming back here I wasn't overly concerned. I did cram a lot into this one admittedly.

A huge thanks to those who gave up their time to play host whilst I was out there: Arun, Harish, Sumitro, Rajsri and the TCS team. That did make some of the planning easier :)

My favourite ride was probably the indoor coaster at Adlabs.
My favourite park was Queens Land for it's odd quirky mixture of rides.
The worst ride was easily that Chinese looping monstrosity in Bangalore.
Mumbai was by far my favourite city.
Taj Mahal was my favourite bit of touristy stuff
The one-on-one magician was my favourite non-touristy thing.

Hopefully you found this report useful and thanks for taking the time to read it.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I loved seeing all this thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great trip report - thank you so much for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete