Saturday 21 February 2015

Queens Land The Return

Sometimes you have to do something dumb to get a credit and having got around the fair quicker than I'd planned I realised I could make it back to Queens Land and if the Alpen Blitz was running I'd be able to ride it.

So I made it to the park with 45 minutes to go and had an unusual chat at the ticket office where they were cashing up for the day. The idea of someone coming so late in the day was clearly alien to them and I had to explain that I was only coming in to ride the Alpen ride and then leave. Having gone into the back room to talk to a manager I was pleased to see them coming back with a wristband in their hand and taking my money I then made my way into the park where I got an even stranger look from the people on the ticket barriers who's back was to me as they were only expecting people to leave. 

anyway I got in and quickly made my way around to the coaster. 


and I was delighted to a) see it running and b) not having a lengthy queue. It looked like most of the poeple that had filled the park earlier in the day had had their fill and left leaving a few stragglers behind. I only had to wait for 2 cars to fill up before getting my ride. 


and what a great ride it was. Despite it being a powered ride I think it must have had motors at each end as it was zipping around at some speed. In the final lap the power was cut and it made most of the final helix under gravity - does that still make it a powered coaster?

and having had my ride, and managing to gaijin thump my way to a second despite the one ride per wristband rule it was time to leave Queens Land with a great positive memory rather than the slightly marred on (pun not intended) that I'd taken away earlier. My taxi driver didn't understand why I'd done this, and I wasn't going to try to justify it. Those that share my hobby will understand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment