Sunday 1 March 2015

Flight to Kolkata

The final internal flight from Delhi to Kolkata went OK with a slight delay of around quarter of an hour due to a late arrival of the plane. 


A couple of pieces of art inside the airport. The elephants I thought were stunning.


Halfway through the flight I spotted the bluest skies out of the window and I thought this was the smog over Northern India that had been delaying the flights in this part of the country. It wasn't until much later in the flight that I realised this was a opacity filter fitted to the window that had been installed to save cabin crews asking for them to be open during take off and landing. The button below the window turns the blue filter on or off. Very clever and made me feel pretty stupid indeed.

There are currently no IHG hotels in Kolkata so I couldn't collect points on my Crowne Plazas and Holiday Inns as I had done everywhere else. So for the Kolkata leg I had chosen the Hyatt hotel which is perfect for the theme park enthusiast as it is located midway between the 2 parks in the city. It's also a very nice hotel and highly recommended.

Now I had some plans to do a little sightseeing in Kolkata. This is a city I will return to in a subsequent trip so I wasn't going to push myself to get out and about at the end of the trip, when I'm usually pretty lagged. So by the time I got to the hotel I couldn't be bothered going out, and made the most of the VIP lounge which I'd been offered instead. Free alcohol and food? How could I turn that down?


No comments:

Post a Comment