Friday 27 February 2015

Shangri La Waterpark

The second park of the day was a new find that I'd located in the research phase of the trip.

Located about 45 minutes away from Tikuji ni Wadi, Shangrila started out as a water park but in 2012 began expanding with a new dry rides section in which the coaster can be found.

The building looked like a resort that had seen better days. When buying my ticket I was asked if I wanted the meal. Was this prison? It seemed like an odd thing to ask. Anyway, I declined and took the wristband.

Being India, it wasn't a surprise to see a cricket range.

The dry rides are all located behind the main water park with the observation tower acting as a beacon. I'm not sure what view it offered. We were in the middle of nowhere. 

An aerial assault course looked to be brand new.


Really nice rides that looked really out of place.


The coaster was as weird zyklon type ride with a layout that I don't recall seeing. The two ride operators were really pleased to see someone bothering to walk to the back of the park to ride this.

The car had seen better days but it didn't bother me one bit. The fact I could ride alone was good news too. 

I was almost decapitated on the first drop though which ran way too close to the lift hill and I had to throw myself into the side of the car for fear of getting scalped. This obviously entertained the operators who insisted I ride it again, which I duly obliged ensuring I ducked a little earlier on the second time.

This was the park's car park complete with roaming cattle.

Somehow I managed to spend more time at this park than I did at Tikuji despite it having way less in it. My driver commented that it was a long way to come for a park...and that's the hobby!

Shangri-La Waterpark is located on the Borivali Road close to the village of Vadape. It's on the main road and the huge sign can't be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment